06 November, 2009

Hope is the thing with feathers


It is amazing when a single thing changes one's entire state of mind and turns a black day into a day happily remembered. Yesterday was a day like that. I was depressed because I thought I wasn't going to be able to go home for Christmas and this, combined with the prospect of a weekend full of studying and writing papers, made my mood a dismal one. But then I had a lovely conversation with one of my new school friends and it changed everything. In an instant, really. And I'm grateful for it.


For me, there is nothing worse than a day empty of dreams or possibility. But those days fall upon everyone once in awhile. And those days suck. I guess my point to all this is: those days end. And often in unexpected ways. So stay hopeful.






No comments:

Post a Comment